We did a little research and there are over a dozen manufacturers of scooters, and those manufacturers make dozens of models…that equates to hundreds of scooters on the market. What’s the difference in all these models? Which is right for you?
Scooters are great for anyone who has difficulty walking at times; maybe long distances are an issue or maybe it’s different times of the day/night when walking is hard. Scooters are controlled by handlebars with both hands so they feel very sturdy for people. Powered wheelchairs are controlled by a pendant on either arm of the chair, so some people feel more comfortable in a scooter.
– They typically have a tighter turning radius
– Variety of sizes to accommodate many weights
– Most of them come apart in 3-5 parts for easier transport
– Sturdier than the 3-wheel scooters
– Larger and can hold more weight capacity than most 3-wheel scooters
– Some do not come apart for easy transport
How fast do they go?
– 5 – 15mph
How long does the battery charge last?
– From 12 miles to 30 miles
So with all of these options and varieties – which is right for you? Like we always recommend, get into one of our stores and try them out. We stock both 3-wheel and 4-wheel scooters so come on in and take them for a spin. www.abilitycenter.com / 866-405-6806 / email@example.com.